Proposal to Ticket to Space NFT --Bay0

Proposal to Ticket to Space NFT

1. Total Number of NFT: 10,000.

2.“Moonlist”: Airdrop to early contributors. I think any address that donated at least 0.2ETH at the fundraising of MoonDAO on JuiceBox and now holds at least 5,000 $MOONEY is on the “Moonlist”.There are 433 addresses that satisfy these two conditions. Addresses who donated at least 0.2ETH at fundraising but now hold less than 5,000 $MOONEY can buy certain amount back before Snapshot to meet the requirement of “Moonlist”.

1. Whitelist: The whitelist tasks are TBD. The total number of addresses in the whitelist is 1000.
    Certain number in Whitelist is preserved for activities such as AMA with other communities, meme in social media. Addresses in whitelist can buy only one NFT at price 0.05ETH/NFT and burn 5000 $MOONEY, while any address can buy at most 2 NFT at price 0.1ETH/NFT and burn 5000 $MOONEY in the public sale.
    The number of $MOONEY to burn can be discussed. 500-5k would be a good range, It’s about 8-80 US dollar (now 1 $MOONEY = 0.016 $USDC). The burnt of $MOONEY will send to the null address 0x0.

4.The number of ETH we can get: 0.05ETH1000+0.1ETH(10000-1000-433)= 906.7 ETH . And 5000*(10000-433)= 478,350,000 $MOONEY will burn, it’s about 1.8% of total supply of $MOONEY. It means that $MOONEY not only is a governance token but also can add a new function for the $MOONEY, we can call this kind of function “Space Fuel”.

5.NFT style: ERC-721 + Generative (PFP style), generating unique astronaut avatar for everyone.

1. Where to save the whitelist?
    The whitelist and “Moonlist” can be recorded in the database in our web server, but it seems not decentralized. So, it can be written into the minting contract, costing gas when operating with the whitelist. I prefer the second one.

2. There is a way to save gas when minting

1. Fairness of NFT generation:
    “Doodles” project shows a good method to obtain fairness:

The method is using a hash image file, combining it into metadata, then revealing and comparing to show the integrity of the file.

1. The minting website should be able to handle the bursting network traffic when minting begins. The load capacity should be large enough.
  2. Tiered VS not tiered:
    MoonDAO NFTs have two inner Attributes.
    First, is the probability to be chosen to fly to space. It’s like a lottery ticket.
    Second, is the scarcity of the image binding to the NFT. When we can build our NFT, each NFT should have the same probability and scarcity.

Also, we have 3 choices:
a)same probability and different scarcity
b)different probability and same scarcity
c)different probability and different scarcity
In this set of choices, I prefer a). All people are created equal, so are the NFTs. Though, I had to admit that with a slightly higher probability, the higher-ranked NFTs will be sold much easier than that in choosing a).

If the probability of MoonDAO NFTs is equal, The NFT ID will stand for its lottery number. When we decide the winner of our drawing, we just need to write a contract to roll a number in set of 1-10,000 using Pseudorandom Number Generator and a seed that is given by the hash value in the future ETH block, with the predetermined block number in the contract.

In the unequal version, we bind one integer to each normal NFT and more integers to higher-ranked NFTs. All of the integers are unique. WLOG, we assume 30% more chance in total will give to higher one, then the contract has to roll a number inset 1-13000.

4 Likes

I wrote a smart contract in the Rinkeby network, which can use $ETH and $MOONEY to mint NFT.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your proposal @Bay0.eth . Just want to add a brief background for those who don’t follow this thread from the beginning.

MoonDAO community has been discussed this topic for the past few weeks. We believe that there has been enough time for community members to raise our voices, and it is time to wrap up for a solid proposal.

The above proposal based on our discussions in the following channel

1. Discourse: Moon DAO NFT Projects
  2. Discord: Discord
  3. Google Sheet: MOONDAO - Ticket To Space NFTs - Google Sheets

In the Google Sheet, you can find the inputs of community members on various items of the proposal. The items in green are agreed with most of members. While the yellow ones are controversial and need further discussion.

1 Like

Most members voted for this option. We should stick to this option of 10K NFTs.

Mostly agree. Just suggest small amendment (Mentioned it before in discord).

Moonlist includes the following:

• People donated >0.2ETH, Still hold >5,000 Mooney at the time of snapshot. According to your model it is 433 addresses/people are qualified for these conditions.
  • People in MoonDao core team (includes Astronauts, Rocketeers, Moon settlers). I don’t know the exact number but it should be around 20-30 people.

In Total there are ~460 people in Moonlist

People in Moonlist will be rewarded 1NFTs due to their financial support and contribution to MoonDAO. Besides they will be able to purchase up to 2 NFTs at price of 0.05ETH & $5000 Mooney.

In total, there are up to 460 x (1+2)= 1380 NFTs for Moonlist.

Given that there are 10K NFTs and 1380 of them will be reserved for Moonlist. Considering we have nearly 3,000 members in discord & 8,000 followers in Twitter. I believe that 1000 slots for whitelist are quite small number.

That said, suggest to have 3,000 slots for whitelist. Each whitelisted address will be allowed to purchase up to 1 NFT at price of 0.05ETH & $5000 Mooney.

This means that the remaining is 10,000 - 1380 (Moonlist) - 3000 (Whitelist) = 5620 NFTs.

Perhaps, we can reserve 620 NFTs for Token swap & Partnership, or other Marketing campaign.
The 5,000 NFTs left will be for public sales at price of 0.1ETH & $5000 Mooney. Every wallet can mint up to 3 NFTs.

I’m also in favor of PFP style. The reason is explained in this thread What is next after Ticket to Space NFT?

The only question is how long does it take to do this NFT style? I’m not the one who can answer that.

This is a important point. If our marketing campaign is successful and manage to attract lots of attentions. There are likely a chance that there will be a gas war for NFTs minting, and if we don’t handle it carefully, the site will be crashed.

Tiered is an interesting idea. But in our case, I would prefer to go with “Not Tiered”. As one of our core values is fairness & equity, so everyone should have a chance to win the space ticket. If we go with the tiered approach, the wealthy will have much bigger chance to win the slot.

I think the one of the criteria “0.2ETH donation at the early stage” can be extended to “anyone who donated at the early stage”.

One donator should be give one NFT, whatever 10eth or 0.001eth. total 2252 NFTs.

1 Like

all the contributor must holds over 10000 $mooney now.

I think we should benefit more to the early contributors. 433 places in “Moonlist” of 10,000 total number, is too small. And for whitelist part, seems like not yet any consideration for early contributors? Here are some of my ideas:

1) “Moonlist”: Airdrop to donators without any sell
There are people who donate money who are real space lovers, and our NFT and Moondao’s dream is to attract such people. Maybe they donate a little but if they keep holding without any sell, it shows their strong faith to spaceship.

In my opinion, they are more reliable than people who donate >0.2 but sold just for speculation. (If we give them the chance to buy back, they will just but for the free nft airdrop and instantly sell thereafter, which is unhealthy. For them, we should let them buy nft, not for free airdrop.) Therefore, I think we should AIRDROP to the first kind of people.

2) Whitelist for early contributors

1. Presale: Donators who hold more than 10,000 $MOONEY can be whitelisted. (They can buy certain amount back before Snapshot)
  2. Public sale: Holders holding more than without any sell.
1 Like

Proposal to Ticket to Space NFT –Bay0

1. Total Number of NFT: 10,000.

@luffy Most members voted for this option. We should stick to this option of 10K NFTs.

2.“Moonlist”: Airdrop to early contributors. I think any address that donated at least 0.2ETH at the fundraising of MoonDAO on JuiceBox and now holds at least 5,000 $MOONEY is on the “Moonlist”.There are 433 addresses that satisfy these two conditions. Addresses who donated at least 0.2ETH at fundraising but now hold less than 5,000 $MOONEY can buy certain amount back before Snapshot to meet the requirement of “Moonlist”.

@luffy: Mostly agree. Just suggest small amendment (Mentioned it before in discord).
Moonlist includes the following:
People donated >0.2ETH, Still hold >5,000 $MOONEY at the time of snapshot. According to your model, it is 433 addresses/people who are qualified for these conditions.
People in MoonDao core team (includes Astronauts, Rocketeers, Moon settlers). I don’t know the exact number but it should be around 20-30 people.
In Total there are ~460 people in Moonlist
People in Moonlist will be rewarded 1NFT due to their financial support and contribution to MoonDAO. Besides they will be able to purchase up to 2 NFTs at price of 0.05ETH & 5000 $MOONEY.
In a total of NFT, there are up to 460 x (1+2)= 1380 NFTs need to prepare for members in Moonlist.

@CarolW: I think we should benefit more to the early contributors. 433 places in “Moonlist” of 10,000 total number, is too small. And for whitelist part, seems like not yet any consideration for early contributors? Here are some of my ideas:
“Moonlist”: Airdrop to donators without any sell
There are people who donate money who are real space lovers, and our NFT and Moondao’s dream is to attract such people. Maybe they donate a little but if they keep holding without any sell, it shows their strong faith to spaceship.
In my opinion, they are more reliable than people who donate >0.2 but sold just for speculation. (If we give them the chance to buy back, they will just but for the free nft airdrop and instantly sell thereafter, which is unhealthy. For them, we should let them buy nft, not for free airdrop.) Therefore, I think we should AIRDROP to the first kind of people.

1. Whitelist: The whitelist tasks are TBD. The total number of addresses in the whitelist is 1000.
    Certain number in Whitelist is preserved for activities such as AMA with other communities, meme in social media. Addresses in whitelist can buy only one NFT at price 0.05ETH/NFT and burn 5000 $MOONEY, while any address can buy at most 2 NFT at price 0.1ETH/NFT and burn 5000 $MOONEY in the public sale.
    The number of $MOONEY to burn can be discussed. 500-5k would be a good range, It’s about 8-80 US dollar (now 1 $MOONEY = 0.016 $USDC). The burnt of $MOONEY will send to the null address 0x0.

@luffy: Given that there are 10K NFTs and 1380 NFTs of them will be reserved for member in Moonlist. Considering we have nearly 3,000 members in discord & 8,000 followers in Twitter. I believe that 1000 slots for whitelist are quite small number.
That said, suggest having 3,000 slots for the whitelist. Each whitelisted address will be allowed to purchase up to 1 NFT at price of 0.05ETH & 5000 $MOONEY.
This means that the NFTs remaining is 10,000 - 1380 (Moonlist) - 3000 (Whitelist) = 5620 NFTs.
Perhaps, we can reserve 620 NFTs for Token swap & Partnership, or other Marketing campaign.
The 5,000 NFTs left will be for public sales at price of 0.1ETH & 5000 $MOONEY. Every wallet can mint up to 3 NFTs.

@CarolW: Whitelist for early contributors
Presale: Donators who hold more than 10,000 $MOONEY can be whitelisted. (They can buy certain amount back before Snapshot)
Public sale: Holders hold more than without any sell.

4.The number of ETH we can get: 0.05ETH1000+0.1ETH(10000-1000-433)= 906.7 ETH . And 5000*(10000-433)= 478,350,000 $MOONEY will burn, it’s about 1.8% of total supply of $MOONEY. It means that $MOONEY not only is a governance token but also can add a new function for the $MOONEY, we can call this kind of function “Space Fuel”.

5.NFT style: ERC-721 + Generative (PFP style), generating unique astronaut avatar for everyone.

@luffy: I’m also in favor of PFP style. The reason is explained in this thread: What is next after Ticket to Space NFT?
The only question is how long does it take to do this NFT style? I’m not the one who can answer that.

1. Where to save the whitelist?
    The whitelist and “Moonlist” can be recorded in the database in our web server, but it seems not decentralized. So, it can be written into the minting contract, costing gas when operating with the whitelist. I prefer the second one.

2. There is a way to save gas when minting
    Alpha Girl Club Innovates with Low Gas Optimization | by Alpha Girl Club | Medium

3. Fairness of NFT generation:
    “Doodles” project shows a good method to obtain fairness:
    Provable Fairness
    The method is using a hash image file, combining it into metadata, then revealing and comparing to show the integrity of the file.

4. The minting website should be able to handle the bursting network traffic when minting begins. The load capacity should be large enough.

@luffy: This is an important point. If our marketing campaign is successful and manage to attract lots of attentions. There are likely a chance that there will be a gas war for NFTs minting, and if we don’t handle it carefully, the site will be crashed.

1. Tiered VS not tiered:
    MoonDAO NFTs have two inner Attributes.
    First, is the probability to be chosen to fly to space. It’s like a lottery ticket.
    Second, is the scarcity of the image binding to the NFT. When we can build our NFT, each NFT should have the same probability and scarcity.

@luffy: Tiered is an interesting idea. But in our case, I would prefer to go with “Not Tiered”. As one of our core values is fairness & equity, so everyone should have a chance to win the space ticket. If we go with the tiered approach, the wealthy will have much bigger chance to win the slot.

Also, we have 3 choices:
a) same probability and different scarcity.
b) different probability and same scarcity.
c) different probability and different scarcity.
In this set of choices, I prefer a). All people are created equal, so are the NFTs. Though, I had to admit that with a slightly higher probability, the higher-ranked NFTs will be sold much easier than that in choosing a).

If the probability of MoonDAO NFTs is equal, The NFT ID will stand for its lottery number. When we decide the winner of our drawing, we just need to write a contract to roll a number in set of 1-10,000 using Pseudorandom Number Generator and a seed that is given by the hash value in the future ETH block, with the predetermined block number in the contract.

In the unequal version, we bind one integer to each normal NFT and more integers to higher-ranked NFTs. All of the integers are unique. WLOG, we assume 30% more chance in total will give to higher one, then the contract has to roll a number inset 1-13000.

@luffy is right, MoonDao NFTs is equal, all the contributors(whatever donate 0.001eth or 100eth ) has the same probability for NFT whitelist. it is unfair for the wealthy will have bigger chance to win the ticket slot.

1 Like

“Moonlist”: Airdrop to donators without any sell
There are people who donate money who are real space lovers, and our NFT and Moondao’s dream is to attract such people. Maybe they donate a little but if they keep holding without any sell, it shows their strong faith to spaceship. support!

1 Like

The token market( risen up token price) has rewarded the profit to the bigger donators which hold a lot of tokens.

What is your discord account Allenho?

proposal for Ticket to Space NFT.
The budget needs to be build. works include writing and auditing contract, building NFT website, management of web service.
IMO, we’d better hire experienced programer who had done it before, avoiding security flaw. The NFT project is too important to make mistake.
Where to find qualified programers?In our guild or outside MoonDAO?
How to price their work? Maybe 20,000-50,000 USD in total is enough?

Here is my proposal. Any suggestions?

1. Total Number of NFT:
    a) 5,000
    b) 10,000
    c) 15,000

2. “Moonlist”: Airdrop to early contributors who
    a) Contributed any number ETH
    b) Contributed any number ETH & hold 10,000 $MOONEY
    c) Contributed 0.1ETH & hold 500 $MOONEY
    d) Contributed 0.1ETH & hold 5,000 $MOONEY
    e) Contributed 0.2ETH & hold 5,000 $MOONEY
    Note: hold or buyback before snapshot of the predetermined block number.

3. “Whitelist”: what tasks to fulfil?
    a) Join discord and invite 5 active friends in (use Discord bot to verify)
    b) User channel ranking >= 7 (use Discord bot to verify)
    c) Write an article about MoonDAO (quality depend on user react)
    d) “Volunteer” role (need to finish point b) and always online to help user in channel)
    e) Draw an original post picture about MoonDAO (quality depend on user react)
    f) “TownHall” role (random give to user by TownHall holder who join in TownHall in Discord)
    Complete at least 4 points can get Whitelist.

4. “Whitelist”: how many?
    a) 1,000
    b) 2,000
    c) 3,000

5. Price for Whitelist
    a) 0.01ETH+50 $MOONEY
    b) 0.05 ETH+500 $MOONEY
    c) 0.1 ETH+500 $MOONEY
    d) 0.01ETH+500 $MOONEY
    e) 0.05 ETH+5,000 $MOONEY
    f) 0.1 ETH +5,000 $MOONEY

6. Price for others not in Whitelist and Moonlist
    a) 0.05 ETH+500 $MOONEY
    b) 0.1 ETH+500 $MOONEY
    c) 0.2 ETH+500 $MOONEY
    d) 0.05ETH+5,000 $MOONEY
    e) 0.1 ETH+5,000 $MOONEY
    f) 0.2 ETH+5,000 $MOONEY

7. max number allowed to buy for each address
    a) two NFT
    b) three NFT

8. NFT type
    a) ERC-721 + generative (PFP style)
    b) ERC-1155, card or ticket style

9. Tiered price?
    a) same rarity, same lottery probability, same price
    b) Different rarity, same lottery probability, same price
    c) Different rarity, same lottery probability, tiered price
    d) Different rarity, Different lottery probability, tiered price

10. How to mint and sell
    a) Blind mint, participate by user.
    b) Mint by ourself(MoonDAO) and sell on opensea.io, user choose to buy which they like.

2 Likes

I think the Moonlist criteria “contributed 0.2ETH” is too high, “hold 5,000 $MOONEY” too low, and some people may just contribute 0.1ETH or 0.05ETH, but never sold $MOONEY, they should on the Moonlist without doubt.

We should get early contributors on the moonlist as more as we can,because that’s what we started with.

I didn’t know about this project during the fundraising stage, and later I bought coins, and then I have been contributing to the community through Chinese Telegram administrators. Will there be a whitelist in this situation?

1 Like

We can use this scheme as compensation for long-term holders of tokens. I know many people who have always believed in MoonDao but have not participated in the donation.We should give them this opportunity, and we can use it to improve the value of our tokens.

The following is from @Coopler # 2418

Giveaway: 500 NFT (TBD)
Lock Value: 600,000 $mooney (TBD)
Lock Time: 3 months or 6 months
Rules: When this activity starts, people who lock 600,000 $mooney can get 1 NFT for free. Total quantity of this giveaway is 500. First come, first served

Hi DaMian,

Thanks for your suggestion. Have you had a look at the latest proposal? I believe it has covered many points that you you mentioned, not all though :smiley: